Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with abbymickey24



Hello, Lambchops!

I first discovered Misty when I was searching for more Jasper/Bella fics to read. I found her first story, called Peace and Answers. First chapter, Bella has changed her name and everything about herself. Jasper is an FBI agent. Bam! She had me there and, of course, I had to keep reading.

I really liked where Misty was going with the story. Some parts of it were a little rough, but being her first fic she did really well. By the end of the fic, I was completely hooked on her writing and I was so excited to see that she was starting another story.

Next came Two Weeks. I liked this story even better than Peace and Answers, and Misty's writing had improved. In the story, Bella and Jasper are in Atlanta, and I was amazed at all the places that Misty was describing in detail about Atlanta. It made me wonder if she was from Georgia. Sure enough, I checked her profile and - YAY! - she's a Georgia peach like me.

She updated pretty quickly and before I knew it, there was a sequel to Two Weeks called Two Months. This one had more drama in it. Her writing just keeps getting better and better.

Right now, she is in the process of writing two separate stories, both Jasper/Bella. One is called Time Heals, which is Jasper as a vamp and Bella as a human. The other is Senior Year, which takes place at University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) and it is all-human.

In between writing all these great stories, she has written a one shot Bella/Emmett and a multi-chapter Bella/Emmett. I have started on the Bella/Emmett multi-chapter, but haven't read all of it yet. She has already written a couple of one shots about Jasper as a DILF (yummy) and some outtakes from Two Weeks.

I know that I'm not giving you guys a whole lot of info about these stories, but it's because I want you to go read them for yourselves. Trust me, those of you who know me, know what I'm talking about when I say a Jasper story is good. And everything abbymickey24 writes is absolutely fantastic. So, once you read her Meet & Greet, run - don't walk - and go read everything she has written. You WON'T be disappointed. And if you are, then you're an idiot and don't know a good story if it hit you in the back of the head.

Love you, Misty! I'm probably one of your biggest fans.

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age...whatever you'd like to share.

Well, my name is Misty and I'm 30. I've lived in Jacksonville, Florida for almost four years, but I was born and raised in North Georgia and will always be a Georgia Girl no matter where I am. I've been with my husband, Chris, for 11 years, but only married 7 of those years. We have a five year old little girl, Abigayle McKenzie, hence my screen name - the number is the day she was born. I'm a stay-at-home mom and enjoy every minute of it.

Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

I love Twilight. I do have to admit that I didn't know about the books until right before the first movie came out and I'd wanted to see it just because it looked interesting, but never got around to it while it was in theaters.

My husband was actually the one who suggested the books to me. One of his employees was talking about it and he came home from work one night and told me about them. He bought them for me the Friday before Valentine's Day of 2009, and I had all four read by Sunday afternoon. He also started them at that time, and as soon as I finished Breaking Dawn I started over with Twilight and bypassed him twice. I can't tell you how many times I've read them now, but they still draw me in each time. I'm on Breaking Dawn again. My favorite would have to be Eclipse. It has everything to me: romance, action, and more Jasper.

What got you to start reading Twilight fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

I got into reading Fanfiction because I needed more Twilight. I started scouring websites and came across Twilighters Anonymous first. The first one I read there was called Echo and B/E. Bella and Edward are together and she has an accident. She loses all of her memories of her time in Forks, so Edward has to work at getting her love back. It is an amazing story, but not complete yet. TA is a PG-13-only site, but they do have mature story links, so that's how I found my way to Twilighted and FanFiction.net. Those two were the ones that turned me from B/E stories to Bella with someone else, especially Jasper. On Twilighted I can't remember, but on FanFiction.net the first one was Afterlife. I loved it from the first moment it came up on my screen and now the sequel to it, Vie, is holding my attention just as much and it's only two chapters in.

Which are your favorite stories?

I have a few completed ones that I will read over and over again. I mainly go with B/J now, but have a few B/Em and B/C that I love. It's gotten to where a B/E story has to catch me from the first chapter before I'll read the pairing anymore.

B/J:

A Murmur of Fire in the Vein by ElleCC: Amazing, wonderful, and every other word you can come up with like those two. All human and Jasper's a drug addict with tattoos.

But A Whisper on His Lips by Mmm.Bby: Vampires back to Humans back to Vampires back to Humans - and that's just the Cullens. Kept me hooked from day one.


Photobucket


B/Em:

Her Protector by Sapphire1031: It's not completed yet, but it's a great read and I love every chapter.

B/C:

A Light in the Darkness and it's sequel Basking in the Light of our Love by mrsalreyami: There are no words for these two stories. I didn't think I'd like the pairing of Bella and Carlisle, but I was proven wrong.

B/E:

Emancipation Proclamation by kkarizzmatik: I laugh, I cry, I fume at the screen and I love all of it.

Fourteen by crimsonmarie: This one hits close to home, so it was one of my favorites from the start.

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?

Guys: Jasper is my favorite, hands down. Emmett comes in second, but it's not even a close second, and he's followed by Carlisle, Seth, Paul, and then Edward. They can kill Jacob off in the first sentence of every story and I'd be as happy as a clam. I think he's a whiny little punk and I make no secret about that.


Photobucket


Girls: Bella, Angela, Rose, Esme, and in fifth - way, way back - there is Alice. She has never been my favorite or even close to being my favorite. The one I'd be happy killing off, though, is Renee; I couldn't stand her in the books and I thought she was a horrible mother.

Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

Hands down, The Girl Under The Bed by Nostalgicmiss: I get giddy every Tuesday when she updates. Next week is the final chapter, though, and I really think I might cry. Bella's homeless in it and Jasper hits her with his car. They go through so much crap together and apart, and it's just fantastic.

The Lion and The Jackal by Lalina: It's the sequel to The Sacrificial Lamb, which was great, and this one is already proving to be just as terrific. You have Fedward and Bella stuck in a car - good stuff.

Tears of Gold by racejunkie: Jasper's a pirate. Do I need to say more?

Insecurities by JamesRamsey, Chances by Jezebel Whitlock, and Once Upon a Vampire by Jasper's Black Rose are three more that get my blood pumping.

What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

I started writing when I read the one-shots on TA. I got an idea and wondered how I would do. From there I wrote a full B/E story and got good feedback, but then I found the B/J pairing and I got an idea for them. Now that's all I do, and I will never do another B/E story. For TA I've written, I think, three B/J stories and have one ongoing now. I've also done one B/Em.

I decided to switch to FanFiction.net because I don't have to watch my mouth because I swear all the time. I've done 10 things already. Two are ongoing now. They are both actually ones I've done from TA and made them mature, but also on Time Heals I've redone the storyline somewhat, as well. I also did that with my B/Em story.

Now I just keep getting ideas and I can't seem to stop. I think it's a sickness, but one I don't ever want to get rid of.

What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music...quiet...kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

There is so much, I don't even know really how I get anything done. The TV is on, my headphones are playing my iTunes library through my ears, my daughter is asking me questions, and I'm stopping sometimes to check on dinner. My husband never gives me an issue though. He's either working late or playing his online game. He's awesome.

I also stop to light a cigarette because I do smoke and have since I was 17. It's a bad habit, but so is murder, so I'm choosing the lesser of two evils. The only thing I drink is coffee or tea. I haven't had alcohol since my daughter was born, but that's just because I haven't really had the chance to go out where I won't be coming back home afterwards.




What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

I tried to read HP right after I finished the Saga for like the third time, and just couldn't get into it, which was surprising since I was the same way with it as I am with Twilight.

My cousin did get me into Vampire Academy when I visited the last time and she had another set of books that I wanted to read but didn't get around to - I think it was City of Bones, or something like that.

I also like anything by Johanna Lindsey.

What else do you like to do?

I love to cook and bake. I love college football - GO DAWGS! I do a lot of puzzle books, any and all kinds. I can sew and like it, I'm just not that good at it. I hate shopping, so you won't see me at a mall anytime soon. I like to bowl and play pool. Love listening to music, rock and alternative especially, but a little country every now and then.

Tell us a secret.

My cousin is married to my first love and if I wasn't married, it would be an issue. He was my brother's friend growing up and we never even went out - sad, I know I am - but my cousin was six years older than him and used to tell me all the time that they had a date and it would make me so mad. I wasn't dating my husband yet when they eventually got together and I hated her for a while, especially when I found out she was pregnant. Then I met Chris and things changed, but I think I'll always have that part of me that loves him. I'd never even think about cheating ever, but there's that small spot that makes me wonder sometimes what would happen if I wasn't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment