Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with TallulahBelle


Hello, Lambchops!

This week's Meet and Greet is TallulahBelle, author of the ever so popular Elemental.  Can I expound enough on this lovely author?  I think not.  She is a beautiful writer with the ability to draw you into her story and make you take the journey with her characters.  In order to fully comprehend my fangirly love, I will say a little something about each of her stories.  She doesn’t have many but they are so good!



 

  Elemental 
This is a lovely story with an original concept.  Bella returns to Forks with her parents to discover she’s descended from witches!  Not so, you say!  But yes!  She then is embroiled in all things witchy, as well as matings and intrigue and a danger that is lurking over their heads…dun dun dun!  Read and find out!

I’ve been reading this fic for a while now and if you aren’t sure how much I love it, just check out my review where I slobbered all over it in a quirky fangirl moment!  I was so drawn in by her original and complex storyline that I couldn’t help but devour her chapters like the most delicious chocolate.  Check out the review for more!
 
This is actually a companion piece to Elemental.  While Elemental is all Bella POV, this one is Edward’s POV for certain scenes/chapters.  To be honest, I’ve not read it yet.  I think I want to get a few more chapters into Elemental before reading his thoughts, but I may cave and read it sooner.  We’ll see!
This is an Alice & Jasper one shot that I’ve not read, as I’m not a fan of the pairing, but if it’s anything like Miss Belle’s other works, I’m sure it’s phenomenal!

Ohh, this is a lovely one shot with not one but TWO delicious lemony parts!  Bella has to decide who she loves more – the night before her wedding!  Read and see who they are, who she chooses and, of course, why!
Now, without further ado, or drooling on my part, here is our Meet and Greet with the lovely Miss Tallulah Belle!

Maelyn

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age, ..whatever you'd like to share.

In my 30's and happily single.



Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

My friend, a few years back was trying to start an online book club. He asked me to participate. Since he doesn't ask me for much, I said yes. The book was Twilight. We read all four books quickly.

I don't think I have a favorite in the series. I have moments from each book that stand out for me.


What got you to start reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

I was just curious to see what sort of fan fiction was being written about Twilight. That's after I read the books. I took a look at FF.net to see what they had and I was surprised to find the amount written about these characters.

I can't remember what I first read, I did a lot of trial and error. Some of the earliest stories that I remember finding that I really liked were A Person of Worth, Coming to Terms, Lost & Found and A World Without Sound.


Which are your favorite stories?

I have quite a few, actually. A Person of Worth, Coming to Terms, Living Backwards, Faking It, Alphabet Weekends, Breaking News, The Blessing and the Curse, Prey, Bella Swan: Zombie Killer, The Naked Guy Upstairs, The Cannabean Betrothal, Son of a Preacher Man... I can keep going. No really, I can. So many creative minds!

Of course there is also my list of must reads. I have a few that I really need to get to soon.


Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?
 
From the books? I loved Alice the most.

I don't think there was a character I really hated. They all have their purpose.



Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?



Some of the stories on my favorites list are WIP. Those are a few that I stop to read as soon as I see them posted. Others would include Controlled Burn and Edward Wallbanger.

I started two new stories, Hide & Seek and Awake in the Infinite Cold. Both got my attention, not just in subject matter, but by their flow and emotions of these stories.

Also, Frozen Spring. I think Meadow has a unique voice and is just starting to flex her writing chops. I expect to see wonderful things from her.



What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

It felt like I had something to say. Elemental came to me in a dream and I started writing down notes for it and it kept growing. It was just time for me to write.


What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music.. quiet..kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?


Music can help charge the emotions I need to write for my characters or the mood of the scene. I will have the occasional cocktail to relax. I'm not much for smoking.

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

Whatever catches my fancy. I love Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South, Jane Austen, early Anne Rice, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain, His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman and The Gashlycrumb Tinies by Edward Gorey.

Recently I have read Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments Series. Those are a good read!


What else do you like to do?

I like to draw, paint, read, listen to music, watch movies, I love to bake and daydream.



Tell us a secret.

I still want to be Wonder Woman when I grow up.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me as your Monday Meet & Greet! I appreciate all the support that you ladies have given me and my stories!

    I would say that it is safe to read Edward's POV for Elemental. You might be surprised by what I reveal in those passages.

    Also, I'm proud of my Jasper/ Alice one-shot. More sexy times involved in that story. Give it a read if you're board one night.

    Much love to you ladies!

    xoxo TB

    ReplyDelete