Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with iSparkle616

Monday Meet and Greet


Hello, Lambchops!

Today we are featuring iSparkle616 and I cannot tell you how excited I am for it.  She is truly an original, as you should know if you've read her fics.  And if you haven't, then RUN to her profile and read them!  As in, right now.  You will thank me for it, really.  They are so hysterically funny, you better make sure you are not eating or drinking while reading it.  Trust me.

Oh, and iSparkle616?  Feel free to share that Twilight parody that got pulled.  We will post it here if you like, but if you would rather not, I'd still love to read it somewhere because I LOVED the other three.  Please?  Pretty please?  With a cherry on top?  *bats lashes*

Here is a little something to get you in the mood for the funny that is iSparkle616.



Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age, ..whatever you'd like to share.

I’m eighteen; I live in New Jersey with my parents, older sister, & three cats.

Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

I kept hearing everybody raving about how wonderful the books were, and got the first one from the library to determine if they deserved all the hype the got. That was about…hmm, two years ago, I think. As for which book is my favorite…you haven’t looked at my profile on fanfiction.net, have you? I hate the series. I think the books are terrible and good only for lols. I hated Twilight with a passion you can only imagine; after forcing my mom to read it as well (a misery-loves-company type of thing), we decided that we might as well read the rest of the series for continued lols.


What got you to start reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

I don’t read Twilight fanfiction. I’d go into conniptions.


Which are your favorite stories?

Livejournal user otahyoni (who finds the series as ridiculous as I do) wrote a gut-busting little parody. It can be found by going to her livejournal, clicking the link for ‘books: reviews’, and going back one page.

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?

Actually, I did like Charlie. He was the most real person out of the whole cast. He’s sweet, laid-back, and manages to live with his dolt of a daughter, which is truly a formidable feat.


What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

I was bored, and I like making people laugh. My mom had just finished Twilight and said that I should type up a snarky review of the book, and instead of a review I ended up writing a condensed parody (Twilight in Five Minutes was removed from fanfiction.net many months ago; a horde of fans reported me for “abuse”). My parody made people laugh, so I condensed the rest of series, hoping to keep them laughing.

What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music.. quiet..kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

Well, unless my dad’s out of the house, it’s a pretty good bet that the TV will be on, but I can usually tune it out. I’ll sometimes listen to music with the computer’s headphones. I don’t drink or smoke.

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

I like the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik; the collection of Useless Information books; the John Ceepak novels by Chris Grabenstein; the Withern Rise trilogy by Michael Lawrence; Watership Down by John Adams; Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die by Michael Largo; and the manga Godchild.


What else do you like to do?

I do a bit of sculpting with polymer clay; I do a pretty decent job of sketching with charcoals & pastels, and I’m very good at pointillism. I do backstage work for theatre at my high school (props/costumes/makeup) and have a job at an ice cream parlor.


Tell us a secret.

It was I killed the old pawnbroker woman and her sister Lizaveta with an axe and robbed them. (Points for anyone who knows this reference.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment