Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with americnxidiot

Monday Meet and Greet


Greetings Lambchops!

This week's Meet and Greet is with americnxidiot, author of the superb, angsty tale You Get Me Closer To God, the excellent Cascade and Cyanide, and all around champion for Give Us Your Best Jella Sneer/Cringe Challenge because she doesn't have to fake that shit. So, sit back and enjoy!

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age, ..whatever you'd like to share.

PhotobucketI'm 20 years old, and I'm single. No kids yet. Right now I'm just enjoying myself.



Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

PhotobucketWhen I was in the spring semester of my freshman year, I kept seeing things on facebook for Edward Cullen. Eventually I wiki'ed it and found out it was a book series. My curiosity got the best of me, and I picked up the book the next day. I read the three that were out over the next three days. I think Twilight is probably my favorite, but I do like parts of Eclipse as well.

Photobucket


What got you to start reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

PhotobucketI actually used to read fanfic for another fandom a few years ago (Friends... go ahead, laugh it up). After I finished Eclipse, I looked online for Breaking Dawn information and movie stuff. I stumbled onto a one-shot and read it: A Consummation Devoutly to Be Wished. I tried to escape fic for a while, but then I was reading WIPs and the rest is history.

Which are your favorite stories?

PhotobucketBehind Enemy Lines was my favorite. I also loved Midnight Desire, Scotch, Gin and the New Girl, Bella Swan: Kidnapper, Only Human, and Healing. And stuff by Pastiche Pen. It's really hard to pick. My favorites change all the time.

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?

PhotobucketI love Edward, almost always. It's a bit embarrassing, actually. My least favorite character is probably... hm, I don't know. I want to say it's a tie between Eclipse Bella and Eclipse Jacob, because they acted so horribly out of character.

Photobucket


Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

PhotobucketRight now my favorite WIP is An Introduction to Swirl and Daisy. It's precious. Other than that I'm reading Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, Just Wait, Living Backwards, Kissed the Girls and Made them Cry... and a few others. Those are the ones that I always read right away, though.

What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

PhotobucketI'm not sure what the final push was. I was about to wrap up my first semester of creative writing, and I had been listening to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails a lot for some reason. One day I just sat down on my computer, started writing, and the prologue of You Get Me Closer to God was finished within an hour or two.

Photobucket


What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music.. quiet..kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

PhotobucketI like it to be sort of quiet but with movement around me. I enjoy background noise like music or a quiet TV... that works well. I can't drink while I'm writing or I'll fall asleep haha. I'm often so sleep deprived that when I have just one or two drinks, it completely knocks me out.

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

PhotobucketWell I'm a junior year English major, so right now my other reading is pretty much schoolwork. But I do love Jonathan Safron Foer and Shakespeare.

Photobucket


What else do you like to do?

PhotobucketCreative writing is my main interest, but I love doing a lot of things. I live in New York City, so there's a lot to keep me occupied - even just walking around the city.

Photobucket


Tell us a secret.

PhotobucketI once fooled around with a New Zealand boy in the bar of our hostel in Scotland. Someone saw us, but no one ever found out it was us.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment