Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with Live720

POSTMMG


with


Since it's Wolf Month, we decided to interview an author known for her love of Wolf fics - Live720. Author of Jacob/Bella fics Seventh Inning Stretch, Fall For You, and its Jacob POV companion, A Twist In My Story, she is also author to Edward/Bella fics Corner Coffee Shop and Love is a Circle.

Live720 also co-blogs with artbeatsandlife and Kay Cannon on new affiliate site Phase Fics, so if you enjoy your share of wolves, mosey on over and show those ladies some LaPush lovin'.

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids? Age...whatever you'd like to share.

I’m happily married of 5 months (May 22, 2010 was our wedding date) to my fabulous husband who is part nerd, part stud muffin. No kids for us yet, unless you include our 7-year-old cocker spaniel, Toby, who thinks she’s our baby. She’s pretty much the cutest dog on the planet.

Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

Oh, yes, the good old days. Well, I actually found Twilight over 2 years ago. It was in the summer, and I recall my RL BFF calling me one evening and going on and on about this Edward character that she was totally in love with. She was even telling me detailed dreams she was having about this vampire babe, and to be completely honest, I began to be concerned for her mental health. She always had a thing for the vamps, but this was taking it to a whole new level. Anyway, time went on and one afternoon we were girl dating in our usual spot--Barnes and Noble--and it was around the time Eclipse was just released. Twilight books were EVERYWHERE. My friend basically threatened my life if I didn’t buy Twilight since I was, in fact, looking for a new book to take to the beach with my future hubby and his family that weekend. I bought Twilight that day, read it that night, went to Walmart and bought New Moon and Eclipse, read New Moon the next day, and then ignored my fiance (at the time) at the beach while reading Eclipse.

Eclipse was definitely my favorite book out of the Saga. I have a thing for love triangles, if that wasn’t obvious already.


What got you started reading Twilight Fan Fiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

I actually used to read Otown fan fic back in the day (Liquid Dreams, anyone?), so I knew FFnet existed. After reading Eclipse, I couldn’t WAIT for Breaking Dawn to come out, so I checked out some Fan Fic about what people thought was going to happen in Breaking Dawn. Not gonna lie, they were pretty awful. I don’t remember specific titles. After that, I didn’t read anything for a while.


Breaking Dawn came out and I was pretty bummed about the outcome, so I started writing my very own “What if” Jacob/Bella story. I loved Edward, but he already got his happy ending, so I wanted to personally give Jacob his, as well. I wasn’t planning on posting it or anything, but I spent days looking up Jacob/Bella fan fic and found nothing worth reading (besides Breathe Again by Ysar, which was only a few chapters in).

Which are your favorite stories?

I hate to admit this because it makes me sound like a snob, but I am incredibly picky about what I read. Honestly, I don’t know what it is, but it is so difficult to hold my attention. I guess my favorite all-time story would be Suicide King by Racket Ghost. It basically has everything I look for in a fic. It is so unique from everything else out there. Some of my other faves off the top of my head include: What’s Lust Got to do With It? by my hubby is no edward (an Emmett/Bella fic), Wide Awake and CLM by Angstgoddess003, With Teeth, The Neighbor: Anytime, Anyplace by artbeatsandlife, Expectations and Other Moving Pieces by chrometurtle.

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to who you would like to to kill right off the bat?

My favorite fic characters to read about are mostly Edward/Bella, but I do enjoy Jake/Bella fics, too. I have been looking for a Bella/Paul fic everywhere but have yet to find one! I really don’t have a character that I hate. They all serve their purpose!


Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

I haven’t been reading many fics, sadly. When chrometurtle starts updating E&OMP, I will drop everything I am doing to read it. Same goes for anything AngstGoddess003 writes. As for most of the other fics I’m reading, I can live without the updates, but certainly don’t mind when they fill my inbox.

What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

I kind of touched on this already, but I wasn’t happy with the way SM dealt with Jacob in Breaking Dawn. I wanted to further explore the relationship he and Bella could have/should have had.

What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music...quiet...kids screaming and ripping each other apart...husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

Usually I am sitting on my couch and it is on one of my days off, so my hubby isn’t depressed that I’m paying more attention to my computer than him. I am always listening to music that inspires me. I have a glass of diet iced tea within reach and a Gdoc open. More often than not, I have my ficwife, my hubby is no edward, on gchat helping me to get the writing juices flowing.

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

My book collection is extensive. I’m pretty much obsessed with books. My husband wanted to buy me a Kindle for Christmas and I yelled NO at the top of my lungs because I like to actually have the books in my hands. It’s weird, but that’s me.


One of my all-time favorite authors is Jennifer Weiner. I love all of her books. I also love reading everything and anything by Jodi Picoult. Recently, I bought a book called “Let Me In” that sounded fantastic and is about a vampgirl. I’m excited to start it.

What else do you like to do?

I love my husband. He’s my best friend first, so spending time with him while just being silly is my absolute favorite thing to do. Just the other night, for example, we both woke up at 5 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday and my hubby looks over at me and says, “I’m hungry.” I said, “Me too,” so we both got out of bed and went down to the kitchen, Toby at our heels. We sat down on the couch in the lamp light and ate a Peach Yoplait Yogurt, then went back to bed. We’re just big goofs. We enjoy going out with our friends, going to sporting events (Lets go Pens!), and being with our family.


In my professional life, I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with kiddos in school districts in my local area. I absolutely LOVE my job, and I couldn’t be more blessed to be doing something so close to my heart.

What do you like best and least about this fandom?

I guess I would say I least like all of the drama. Sometimes it can get pretty ridiculous. I’m a very nonconfrontational person, so I usually try to avoid it and hopefully don’t have too many enemies.

With that being said, I love the unity and support in the fandom. I know that seems like a contradiction, but for the most part, most people are so friendly and supportive.

What have your experiences been like shipping for a non-Edward character?

Well, I guess it hasn’t been an easy road. Up until a few months ago, I had never even been recognized by a fic site that didn’t revolve around wolfpack or Jacob fics. I have been in this fandom for over 2 years and I guarantee you that many people still have no idea I exist unless I’m their beta over at Twilighted. I’m not complaining about that because I truly love the small group of readers and friends that I have established. The Jacob and wolfpack community can be pretty great! However, prior to the release of New Moon in theaters, Jacob writers took a lot of crap. I kind of felt like we were shunned from the major parts of the fandom. I mean, popular fic sites would come right out and say, “We hate Jacob, so we don’t want anything to do with those fics or fic authors.” Maybe not in those exact words, but you get the point. Thankfully, that has changed. Maybe Taylor’s abs are the culprit? :-)


Tell us a secret.

I have two, how about that?

1.) Jacob in Seventh Inning Stretch may not have been completely honest with Bella about all of the details of his past. It might come back and ruin everything if he’s not careful.

2.) I am working on a new fic idea that involves Jacob as a Marine who may or may not return home from Afghanistan to Bella, the love of his life, to find that in his absence she has moved on and kept a secret from him that will change his life forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment