Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with wonderwoundedhearers

A note from Mae:
Until now, we’ve been having a Lamb do the intros, but we are now taking special requests for Meet and Greets.  We received this one via email from Shilo and I can’t agree with her more!  Wonderwoundedhearers is an amazing writer, as evidenced by my numerous rec’s of her work and pimping her stories out to friends.   
As a side note, if any of our readers has a suggestion for an author they would like to see interviewed, just email us at the blog here or PM one of us (me) and we’ll see what we can do.  And feel free to include a little something that we can put as an intro so the author knows how much you appreciate them! 
Now, without further ado, here is this week’s Meet and  Greet!

with


Hello, Lambchops! 
Hello :]
I love your blog so much, and I was having a peek at some of the most recent recs - as you do. I saw that the last Wednesday One-Shot rec'd was written by  wonderwoundedhearers. First of all I was a little like, 'Yawn, read that plot before,' but I got curious and had a quick read...which turned into a long read...which turned into going on her profile...which turned into reading one of her fics that I liked the look of...which turned into reading another...which turned into stalking her updates like some kind of update-fiend...

Basically, I'm already hooked on her stories (that I've read so far, but I'm sure the others are even better) and I was considering how hard I am to please and how awesome it would be to ask her to do the Monday Meet & Greet somewhen...

Just saying.

I'd love you guys for it...more than I already do :]

Shilo x
  

Lambs
Tell us about yourself.  Married?  Single?  Kids?  Age?  Whatever you'd like to share.

wonderwoundedhearers
I’m eighteen, I live in the South-East of England and I’m going to University in September to study Psychology. No kids but three tortoises, and I’m in a pretty cool relationship – one of the main reasons we’re still together is that he likes watching ‘New Moon’ as much as I do…which is a lot. He likes the wolves – pssh – and I like Aro *swoon* I have Michael Sheen fever…and the only cure is to watch him prance about in leather in ‘Underworld.’ Mmm…


Lambs
Tell us about Twilight.  How did you first get into the Saga?  When was the first time you read it?  Which book is your favorite?

wonderwoundedhearers
I got into it pretty late for my age, considering it’s meant to be read by almost every teenage girl in Western society, and beyond. I was dragged along to see ‘Twilight’ at the cinema by one of my best friends as soon as it came out, and I thought it was pretty cool afterwards – I didn’t rush out to buy the books or anything though. Then ‘New Moon’ came out and my friends and I went to see that – I loved it, but because I hadn’t read the book I didn’t know Eddie-boy proposed and I did that whole ‘gasp-and-flutter-your-hands-over-your-mouth’ thing. Dead giveaway. As soon as it finished, my friend turned to me and asked me if I had read the books, and there was that really awkward moment where you don’t know whether to lie or not. I lied – of course – and bullshitted my way through a half-hour conversation about it. After that I read them like a maniac, determined not to be caught out again. I don’t think I let the books out of my sight after that – in fact, if I turn my head just so…I can still see them. ‘New Moon’ is definitely my favourite. I really don’t like the wolves – even though they make up a very big part of the book – but finally meeting the infamous Volturi is so brilliant that I forget all about the puppies.


Lambs
What got you started reading Twilight Fanfiction?  Do you remember the first fic you read?  What are your favorite stories?

wonderwoundedhearers
I remember reading ‘Breaking Dawn’ and finally realising that Stephenie Meyer had no mercy – the Isle Esme scenes were the last straw, and I really wanted to know what could have happened when Steph thought it was going beyond young teen fiction. I Googled, and I found some terrible fics, until I finally came across the FanFiction site. I was like a kid in a candy store…or a hardcore fangirl in Jackson Rathbone’s underpants drawer. It was that kind of moment when you think, ‘What the fuck have I been wasting my time on before I found this?’ The first fic I ever read was a nice one-shot from Edward’s POV on Isle Esme – I haven’t been able to find it again though. It was right after that that I discovered the magic that is a non-canon pairing – I think I saw Jesus…beard and all. I love reading any kind of pairing, but my favourites are always non-canon – mostly Bella/Jasper, Bella/Volturi or Bella/Carlisle.


Lambs
Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to readers to kill right off the bat?

wonderwoundedhearers
I was Team Volturi all the way a month or so ago, but now…Jasper has totally taken the top spot, followed closely by Aro, then Peter, and then Carlisle. Least favourite? That’s no problem – Alice. I can’t stand her – the wolves are bad, and they usually suffer some kind of loss or torture in my fics if I can fit it in, but Alice…she just…wears me down. Too happy. Too chirpy. Too energetic. I get a headache just thinking about writing her into my fics…


Lambs
Which fics are you reading right now, and which one's have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

wonderwoundedhearers




Lambs
What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

wonderwoundedhearers
I can be an impatient bastard sometimes, and when some of the fics I read weren’t updated for at least a couple of months or more, I got antsy – I thought, ‘Well, I’ll write my own story, and when I’m really late with my updates I can just make some space around me and I’ll kick my own ass.’ Plus, there aren’t many fics out there with the odd pairings I like to read – so, I just decided to write them myself. Like Bella with the Joker from Batman - I'm really into writing a fic with that pairing right now.


Lambs
What's the atmosphere like when you're writing:  music, quiet, kids screaming and ripping each other apart, husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

wonderwoundedhearers
I always – always, always, always – listen to ‘I’m Gay!’ by Bowling for Soup before writing. It never fails to make me smile and feel good, and it always puts me in the right mood. My parents got a little worried when they heard me jamming out to it once, and my dad tried to tell me that being a lesbian was okay in that really worried and patronizing tone…but apart from that, there were no other casualties from my weirdness and there’s always some kind of music coming from my laptop. I don’t smoke, and I do drink – when I’m writing though, it’s mostly juice or water. I can drink a lot of that and then I get loads of bathroom breaks. So then, when I’m washing my hands, I get to have a fresh think about what I’m writing and I realise stuff like, ‘Fuck, I should do this…’ or, ‘Jasper needs to do that with his tongue…’ or, ‘I need Peter being an even bigger smartass…’

Lambs
What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

wonderwoundedhearers
I love the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris, but apart from that I’m not a huge vamp aficionado – everything else I read is either sappy, gory, or classic lit. I love Thomas Harris’ Hannibal series, and getting books off of my friends to read – they always know what I’ll like.


Lambs
What else do you like to do?

wonderwoundedhearers
I love art – drawing, painting, sculpture… Name any kind of medium, I’ve done it and I loved it. My pretty, little sketch book is always in my bag or on the table next to me.


Lambs
Tell us a secret.

wonderwoundedhearers
I drew a picture of Major Whitlock – uniform, horse, smirking Maria in the background, and all – for my best friend’s last birthday, but she doesn’t know that the drawing I gave her is a photocopy because I couldn’t bear to part with the original. I’m sorry…but then I’m really not at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment