Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with Insideitall




Monday Meet and Greet


Today you're going to meet my go-to girl for one shots. Yes, she has written a few unfinished multi-chaps, which are wonderful, but I really love Insideitall for her one shots. Now, she goes by another name, too, on FFn...but I'm privy to this secret. Let's just say that her stories under that pseudonym are great as well.

Arabella hails from Australia, and she is so young she makes my ass feel old and wrinkly. She's a wonderful author who typically strays away from the norm, and by doing so she keeps you on your toes. She takes you to those darker, dirtier places filled with angst, and she has a very firm grasp on Jasper as a character. Her Jasper is one of my favourites because he's quiet, pensive, and dangerous. In fact, it's precisely that dangerous feeling that I love most about him. He's the least 'human' of the Cullens, and Arabella's Bella can't be sure what Jasper's going to do at any given time. My standout favourite one shot is Give me a moment, followed closely by...oh, crap. That one shot is under her other pseudonym. Bah! Well, Watching You Play is beautiful, too! And I can tell you that I have the second chapter to Give me a moment sitting in my inbox, waiting to be beta'd *squeal!*

So buckle up and let's go for a ride Down Under. Arabella, meet our Lambchops. Lambchops, THIS is Arabella:

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age, ..whatever you'd like to share.

I am now 21, living with my very own amazing man going on three years now. I recently started a new job that’s taking way too much time away from my Twilight world but it’s better than not working. I love sunny days, a good book, and think if I had my very own sexy southern cowboy I would never leave the bedroom and would never share.

Photobucket


Before Twilight I never understood how people could be so addicted to actors; I just loved the characters. But then walks in our very own Jasper/Jackson and I sadly have to admit… he is gorgeous and I would go see a movie just because he is in it. *ducks head in shame* That being said, I base all my writing off the characters and not the actors because for me writing is always about the possibilities of a character.

Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

I had never heard of Twilight until my very own beautiful guy took me out to see the first movie on my birthday. The next day I bought the first three books and I loved them. I read them in under a week, only stopping to go buy the last book - oh, and Christmas, that too!

My favorite book could be the first because you fall for the characters. You learn about them and love them and you get drawn into another world; but I feel the same about the third because the rest of the characters are explored more. Did you ever notice that Emmett’s human life gets skipped over? I always wondered who he could have been.

(Please note: I wish to beat the person who texted this YouTube video with my beta stick...)


I loved that the film was so true to the book, although I really don’t think the actors do justice to the Cullens. However, that may be because they are kind of larger than life. It’s mostly things like Emmett should be bigger and Alice smaller that seem off. I think they’ve done a great job recreating the Twilight world.

What got you to start reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

I started reading Twilight fan fiction the day after I finished reading the last book. Edward/Bella pairings was all I read - 'What other stories could there be?' I said. I read and read and loved every minute of it...at least until I got sick of the same plot over and over and over. Around that time I stumbled onto a semi-completed Colliding Meteors and never looked back.

The endless possibilities out there hit me. The variations weren’t tacky or ill-fitting; they were exciting and they worked so well. The stories flowed so easily, always taking me where I never expected. And let’s face it - Jasper can be addictive. That was when I started finding stories I loved, but CM was the first to really stick for me.

Which are your favorite stories?

Most memorable…

Be My Biggest Fan – Aaamazing
An Imperfect Love – I think I’ll go read that again as soon as I’m done here
Colliding Meteors – Oh, first love!
First Love Lost and Last Love Found – heart-wrenchingly astounding

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?

That is actually hard to say; it all depends on how they’re written.

If I had to pick a favorite of all time it’s the God of War in CM, quickly followed by Peter in TOM.

Generally, I like to read and write Jasper because not only is he fucking cool but he has so many possibilities - the soldier; empath; lover; fighter; dark past; bright future; submissive nature towards Alice; natural dominant nature; quiet; controlling; centre of attention; leader. You just can’t list them all, let alone the combinations.

Bella is next favorite but only when she comes into her own. Goddess, did everyone else laugh their asses off with her in Sassafrass Junction? Oh…Ohh, add that to my favorites list too. That is just messed up it’s so good.

Edward… we all love him to some extent (don’t roll your eyes at me people, I know your secret), besides, he’s so fun to mess with. *grins at new turn in the plot of LTOW*

Everyone else often seems to fade into the background, though a little Dr. Hot Bitch on the side goes a long way.

Oh, I almost forgot the first part of the question. Kill the movie versions of Aro, Marcus, and Caius. Aren’t all vampires supposed to be hot?!



Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

Oh, Goddess, I have to pick some!?

Umm, I love anything IdreamofEddy - Colliding Meteors rocked my world and made me Team Jasper. Amazing creation of The God of War!

tara sue me has an amazing series, starting with The Submissive and The Dominant, and I love seeing updates for The Training. It surprised me how into the story I was when I stumbled upon it; it’s so different than what you would expect.

Chances by Jezebel Whitlock.

Broken Lights on the FreewayChibi-Kari.

I’m somehow addicted to this one too; the characters are so much fun:

Alpha Fail - lifelesslyndsey

What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

I decided that something I’d written was pretty good.

breakfastclub11.jpg


I’d read some amazing stories and let’s face it - some of them are pretty intimidating. I started writing and then just really wanted to get my ideas out there, so I did. I spent the next two weeks squealing and bouncing every time I checked my emails. Getting reviews never gets old.

The first story I posted, I think, was Look the other way. That story was initially inspired because nobody had ever written a story were Jasper could feel everyone else’s thirst, and it messed with his control. It seemed like simple logic to me at the time (almost a year ago). I’m not sure if I was the first to think of it but I’ve had several people mention that their Jasper has the same problem because they heard about it from my story; that always makes me feel like a proud parent.

(C'mon...say it with me: 'Jasper has cotton mouth!')


For all my very, very patient and loyal followers of Look the other way: the story isn’t abandoned; I promise. Real life got in the way big time and not long before the new year I decided that I needed to get ahead before I started posting again so that if real life gets in the way again, I have some leeway. I have gotten a new job that isn’t helping but I have been promised two weeks mostly off coming as of the start of Feb - so I hope to get a lot done then.

For anyone who never read it, please do. And Tina, whenever you actually manage some free time, feel free to attack it with a red marker. I know it’s not perfect. <--Will do!

What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music.. quiet..kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

When I write, my main problem is that I’m paranoid someone is watching me. I mostly try to wait until I’m alone, or I make sure that nobody can see the computer screen. I like the quiet but when it gets too quiet I listen to whatever is on my most recent play list.



When I need to write (I go through withdrawal, I swear), my fingers itch. They start twitching and itching and on more than one occasion I ended up writing on the back of a napkin just so I could get the idea written down and I could calm down.

Smoking – Quit cold turkey three years ago because my gorgeous guy didn’t like it.

Drinking – In moderation… such as when I wake up thinking, ‘Where’d the rest of the whisky go?’

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

Anything. Well, I’m not that big on horror because I always pause halfway through the scary bits and they end up seeming really stupid because I ruined the suspense. I do, however, love a good King Arthur story and you can’t beat the Across the Nightingale Floor series (I think Lian Hearn wrote them).

What else do you like to do?

I like going to the beach, reading fan fiction, and that first hour after you get home from work where all you can think is, 'Thank Goddess!'

Tell us a secret.

Ummm, not really a secret as long as no one tells the in-laws’ Pastor, but I’m Wiccan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment