Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Special Birthday Meet and Greet with cullen818

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CULLEN818!

Yeah, I know...it's not Monday, but today we're having a very special Meet and Greet segment for my very awesome beta, and a great friend of the Lambs, cullen818.

For those who read Jasper/Bella fics, I'm sure the majority of you know who she is. She's one of most hardworking fanfiction writers that I know. She's written 11 fics to date and is an amazing beta for both me and others, like TwistedforTwilight and kittycullen-03. She's a part of Jasper's Darlins and JaspersNaughtyGirls. And she's the owner of the blog, Jasper's Fate, Hope and Love, and an active member of the charity, Hannah's Hope.

We started off as, I'm sure, most fanfic friends do - I read her stories, I would leave her reviews, and she would reply. Replies led to PMs, PMs turned into advice, and advice turned to friendship. She's one of the first friendships I've made in this fandom, and she is responsible for what I am today. She helped me boost my confidence in writing fic, of which I've written five to date. It's all because of her and I'll always be grateful for her support and for being my personal cheerleader.

She's one of the best people I've ever met in this fandom, and she deserves so much recognition - not just for her writing, but for being a wonderful person in general.

Happy Birthday, Steph! I love you and thank you for everything.


Maj
Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids? Age? Whatever you'd like to
share.

I'm a married mom of two boys who keep me very busy. I'm a stay at home mom, but I also freelance write for a Broadway website. I love to write, scrapbook, and go to Disney World!

Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga? When was the
first time you read it? Which book is your favorite?

Two years ago, my husband bought me the 1st book for Christmas because I've always been intrigued by vampires, but when I saw it, I said, "Oh, that's for kids, I don't think I can read this." I put it on my nightstand and there it say until the end of January. One night, I was bored, picked it up and two years later here I am. My husband now wishes he returned it. lol

Eclipse is my favorite, so I must have always been a Jasper girl at heart.

What got you started reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first
fic you read? What are your favorite stories?

I was obsessed so I googled Twilight and found FF. I thought it was the coolest thing. The first fic I ever read (which is no longer on the site) was Sweet Thing by La Vie Pastiche. I have so many faves, but The Dominant, Son of A Preacher Man, Finding Relief and Finding Forgiveness are some of my all time faves. Funny thing is, I usually say that I don't read AH fics, but now looking at my faves list, I may have to re-evaluate that statement.

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who
you would like to readers to kill right off the bat?

Jasper is my absolute favorite character. I usually only like to see him paired with Bella or Edward. I really don't like to see anyone killed off unless it interferes with the happiness of Jasper. If he doesn't get the girl (or guy) then I usually like to see the one who interfered in the relationship killed off.

Which fics are you reading right now, and which one's have your complete
attention whenever they pop with an update?

I'm reading Love At First Site by twistedfortwilight, We Found One Another, Faith in You and Bound by Promises by Jasper's Izzy and a few other J/B stories. Peter is starting to be my new pleasure,so for that I'm reading A Change Within by Jasper's Darlin' Kathy. Right now, there is a little known fic called Holding A Scream by Tic Toc Tic Toc that I like to read as soon as it hits my in-box. It's a Carlisle/Bella.

What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

After reading Sweet Thing and a few other really good fics, I thought maybe I could try it. Fate Has Brought Us Here got stuck in my head, but I was afraid to do it because I was so new to the Fandom, and up until that point, I had really only read canon, and I wasn't sure if a Jasper/Bella fic would fly. La Vie Pastiche had dabbled with a scenario between the two and that intrigued me. So, I started writing Fate, but I never intended to post it. It wasn't until I started reading some other fics and I was seeing a pattern...Jasper got Bella for a few chapters or sometimes a whole story and then she went back to Edward by the end of that story or in the sequel. My heart broke for Jasper, so I went for it.

What's the atmosphere like when you're writing: music, quiet, kids
screaming and ripping each other apart, husband ** in the background? Do you
drink and/or smoke?

I try to write late at night when everyone is asleep, but sometimes the ideas/dialog won't stop, so I'm constantly writing it down. My husband travels a lot, so that makes it easier to write. I tend to zone it all out when I'm writing, so most of the time I don't even hear the TV or music in the background. I don't drink or smoke, so writing Twilight FF is probably my worst habit:)

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

I like Stephen King and Anne Rice. My guilty pleasure has always been Nora Roberts, (I can usually knock out her books in a day) so that's where some of my steamy lemons are inspired from.

What else do you like to do?

I love spending time with my family. My kids (10 and 7) are growing up so fast that it bums me out. I try to make the most of it before they don't want me hanging around them anymore. I'm always jotting down original stories, too. I'm also into kickboxing and Pilate's. Gets all the aggression out!


Tell us a secret.

Hmm...I'll be 37 on Wednesday! But, now it's not a secret anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful interview, Maj & Steph! Loved it! Steph is a great lady & I'm thrilled that you posted this on her birthday. Happy Birthday, Steph! Love ya!

    Oh, by the way Maj, if you get one of those Pocket Rob's for your birthday, please let me know. I want one too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maj! I'm just speechless! Thank you so much for your kind words and for remembering me today. I'm flattered to know that I helped you with your writing journey. You're a fantastic writer and I love beta reading for you! Thanks for being such a great Fandom friend:)

    ReplyDelete