Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Meet & Greet with courthale

Monday Meet and Greet


Hello, Lambchops!

This Monday's Meet and Greet is with one of the best all around and 'real' writers in the Twi-fic community - courthale. I say all around because courthale has proven that she can write quality stories and not base herself off of shipping one particular character. Whether it's Rosalie/Emmett, Emmett/Bella, Carlisle/Bella, Edward/Bella, Rachel/Paul, or even Jasper/Bella, she simply puts out a good, quality story whether it's just for a one-shot or a multi-chapter. I say 'real' because there's a certain element to courthale's writing and her characters and it's simply something that a lot of us are requiring in our reading these days, and that's how we can compare our own lives to certain elements in her stories.

scarredbanner-1.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


Some of her best include Southern Comfort, Fast and Hard, and a really wonderful story that's still a work in progress, called Scarred. So sit back and have a read through of her Meet and Greet, and EVERYONE try and leave your twitter attitude for twitter.

~Kaylene

Tell us about yourself. Married? Single? Kids, age, ..whatever you'd like to share.

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyMy love life is either complicated or nonexistent. We'll just leave that there. LOL and I'm going to school right now for my bachelor's in Elementary Education. I'm living at home and ready to get the fuck out. My parents are very Christian in word and deed and I am not. We all butt heads a lot but still love each other. I don't trust easily so I only have a few really, really close friends in my real life. I'd say that if all else fails in life I'll just buy a home far away and steal Irena (Crash Hale) and we'll live happily ever after. The end.

crashhale-1.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


Tell us about Twilight. How did you first get into the Saga, when was the first time you read it, and which book is your favorite?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyI first got into the book by seeing the promos for the film. I went to the bookstore because it intrigued me so much that I just had to know what happened in the books. I read the first one in a day. Then ran out and bought New Moon and read that the next day. Eclipse was a bit of a slower read because school started. Then after that Breaking dawn was read the next weekend. So, in a week I'd read all of them. I just couldn't put them down.

My favorite one would have to be Eclipse. The characters are just so much more developed and we learn so much more about the others. The fight scene was her best. The triangle. It just had everything in it. It was funny when it needed to be when it got too serious. It just was perfect.

What got you to start reading Twilight Fanfiction? Do you remember the first fic you read?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyI found a forum about fan sites. This led me to ff.net. The whole idea of continuing on or changing it to what you wanted was so intriguing to me. I started reading and obviously can't stop. My first fic to ever read was called Edward, The Latte Boy. It's still up and not finished but it was a really cute story. I liked seeing Edward as a human. I enjoyed the fact that the obstacle between Edward and Bella were on the same playing field mortality wise. They had every day problems in most stories like the rest of us. The Latte Boy was just so easy and fun to read that I just couldn't stop looking for more. That led me to finding new pairings. I was floored at how compatible some of the characters were with each others. Edward and Alice. Jasper and Bella. JACOB AND ROSE! I love it!!

Which are your favorite stories?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyWow... this one is tough. I'll do it by pairings that I love.
Edward and Bella: There's quite a few but I'm in love with a story called The Cannabean Betrothal. It's amazing and really deserves all the praise it gets. Another is Only Human. Bella is sent back in time to when Edward was still human. He's not the suave dazzling Edward we all know and it's fascinating to see Bella get to know human Edward. Also, Fourteen. That fic pulled at my heartstrings at every turn. I love when Edward's an asshole and then gets his head out of his ass to see what he's missing. Sweet Justice.

EMMETT AND BELLA: We all know I love this pairing. My faves are anything by Crash Hale. She's an amazing writer and I'm so happy to know her. Say When is an incredible fic and she deserves so much praise for it. I'm gonna have to say My Guys, My Girls is another even though I'm one half of the writing team. That story makes me laugh and cry all the time. Love it. Let's Get Physical by gemmabobella is also another favorite of mine. She's great at getting the real life appeal but also working in the Saga character's quirks. I love it.

mgmg.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


*sigh* Jasper and Bella: Colliding Meteors by IdreamofEddy. I love this fic and its God of War. Kay did such a phenomenal job with it. I cannot believe that I got to actually RP with the creator of this story. Such an honor. The whole fic is just an evolution of the main characters. They realize that they can't rely on being one half of a whole but have to be whole in themselves. That's what makes them perfect together. They know who they are. That's what I hope to achieve as a person myself someday. Another is Be My Biggest Fan, and not to brag but I totally got to read this and its chapters before she even put them out there. I remember her emailing me the one shot on a whim and I just sat there like... 'Holy Shit'. And then I needed more, more, more just like everyone else. And don't worry. I'm trying to crack her on getting the sequel done. We've talked about it and I'm probably annoying her but I WANT IT!

biggestfan.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


Carlisle and Bella: Past and Present. There are no words for how amazing this story is. I can't even tell you anything about it without ruining something in it.

Slash: I love slash. It's amazing to me how great the stories are out there. I'm so humbled. Over the Top by Starfish422 is my favorite. I cried so hard for Jasper and Edward. They fought so hard in this story for their ending. All I Ever Knew is another great one. It's also Jasper and Edward.

I better stop... LOL I read too much...

Who are your favorite characters, from who you like the most to er...who you would like to kill right off the bat?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyEmmett, Jasper, Peter (From CM), Carlisle, (mmm...daddy C), Jacob (to me he's more like a best friend but still hot), Edward (He's on my shit list for that whole leaving her fiasco. *rolls eyes* Dick.)

Which fics are you reading right now, and which ones have your complete attention whenever they pop with an update?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinySee above, The Cannabean Betrothal owns me completely. I drop everything to read that story.



cannabean-1.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


What made you finally decide to start writing your own?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyAhhh... I wanted attention. LOL Plain and simple. I wanted those sweet reviews. I wanted to be a part of the world off FF. I've never been one to belong and be good at something. I'll be honest, I sucked at first. Go back and read my shitty stories at the beginning and you'll see. I cringe when I read some of it. I've learned and grown. I no longer write for the reviews, to be honest, I barely even look at them. I write because I love it. I write because it's an escape from the real world. It's more exciting than my own life so why not.



What's the atmosphere like when you're writing? Music.. quiet..kids screaming and ripping each other apart, or husband bitching in the background? Do you drink and/or smoke?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyHmm... that's a tough one. It's never too bad around here. There are no young kids. My youngest brother is 14, so there are no screaming kids around. My grandma makes me want to strangle her at moments but I love her to death.

grandma-1.jpg picture by JaspersDestiny


It's a pretty calm atmosphere most of the time. I love to just grab a snack, sit on my bed and write. It's the most calming thing I can do.

Drink: On occasion.

Smoke: Nope. I have a very good friend with CF and I won't smite you or anything for smoking, it's your prerogative but why ruin a healthy set when few don't have that luxury?

What else do you like to read besides Twilight?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyHa. Ha. Ha. I have no time to read outside of this world I call fan fiction. If I'm not reading an update in my spare time I'm writing. And that's fine by me.



What else do you like to do?

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyI'm a HUGE movie buff. I love to go see them or just hang out and watch them with my friends. I love the classics. I think a lot today are good but no longer original.



Tell us a secret.

Nametags-2.gif picture by JaspersDestinyHmmm... I'd have to go with my OCD about numbers. Only a handful of people know about it. It's boring but annoying. I see numbers and do anything I can. I multiply, divide, add, or subtract. I have to reduce them to being prime or even numbers. Weird. I know.



OH! And I'm lovers with JaspersBella... But that's not really a secret. Mwah! Love, your sweetness. I had to get your name in here somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment