Thursday, November 26, 2009

Word of the Week - Eviscerate



Main Entry: evis·cer·ate
Pronunciation: \i-ˈvi-sə-ˌrāt\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): evis·cer·at·ed; evis·cer·at·ing
Etymology: Latin evisceratus, past participle of eviscerare, from e- + viscera viscera
Date: 1599

transitive verb 1 (a) : to take out the entrails of : disembowel (b): to deprive of vital content or force
2 : to remove an organ from (a patient) or the contents of (an organ)
(Courtesy of Merriam-Webster Online)

Catonspeed examples:

First though, I need to eviscerate some shit; and those mountain lions will make a fine starting point.

Or...

I would like to eviscerate that reviewer who asked AGAIN if i would tell them exactly what is going to happen in my story. The answer is no. Again. Just, NO.

Graphical representation:

Can you believe there was nothing amusing for this? FAIL! I really didn't want to post half the other stuff I found - I like to keep my breakfast down! So... I opened the lolcats builder and made this:


COME AT ME WITH THAT THERMOMETER...

2 comments:

  1. That pic was all kinds of win, JUJ!
    But why do I picture Lucy talking while reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appear to be gaining the reputation of quite the cat fancier lol! Lolcats is just pure WIN - i challenge anyone not to find something amusing one there! Plus, there's a whole charts and graphs section, and we all know how i feel about those ;)

    Love this weeks word! Any chance to eviscerate shit is 'A' O.K with me mwahahah!

    ReplyDelete