Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday One Shots for 04/28/2010

Wednesday One Shots



For the first time in months when I woke I felt hope,something was going to happen I felt it, something that would forever change me for the better. Demetri/Bella. Rating: M

I put a word out on Twitter last night for some crack, and PeterKnowsStuff - one of the RP'ers that I follow - replied to me with this little one-shot.

Way to pimp your story, sweetheart! Mwah! So I shall pimp it some more...

This is a Demetri/Bella one-shot with a very unique and solid twist after Edward left Bella in New Moon. Bella finds herself at the Cullen house and while looking out the back window, witnesses the death of her plague and sees the beginning of her destiny.

This is LadyMiaF's first story. We all know it's not easy to put yourself out there, but I think she did very well. Sure there are errors, and it lacks some imagery and descriptive process, but the idea - the concept of the story - is strong. One of the reasons I decided to rec this was because I've been going through my own stories lately, and I've really had some cringe-worthy moments. But her writing reminds me that this is not as easy as some writers make it look. It's fucking hard. But with practice and patience we learn so much, and knowledge is power.

Besides all that, she had me hooked with her opening line into the story. Lines that may seem simple always stand out.

If you had told me a year ago that I would meet a vampire, fall in love, nearly die, and have that love walk away from me, I would have wholeheartedly called you insane.

Go read it and give her some love.



Life is a SONG, Love is the LYRICS entry...Jacob. Rating: M

This is from Jacob’s POV as he’s watching the love of his life marry another man. And, no, it’s not S.M.’s fucked up version of Bella’s reception with Jacob.

Jacob reflects on his love for her, yet sees her love for another. He is heartbroken but he can’t seem to turn away from watching her happiness.

Here’s the review that I wrote when I read this the other day----
“You had my heart breaking for poor Jacob. Your description of everything was amazing.
Glad to see Jacob found someone to fill the whole in his heart.
*whispers* I like to pretend it was Bella marrying Jasper.
Great job!”

I really thought this was a fantastic one shot and we get to see a different version of Jacob. You really do feel sorry for what he is going through, but in the end you cheer for him.



He barely ever speaks but when he does it’s with the same beautiful tone as the rest of them, dripping honey and unintentional seduction. BellaJasper, BellaEdward. Rating: K+

This is a snippet about unrequited love and about knowing that even though you may have it all, you may still feel unsatisfied. Bella is with Edward in this story but she's obsessed with thoughts of Jasper all the time - the way he looks, the way he moves, the way he sounds.

He possesses her dreams.

While she is happy with Edward, Bella just feels a pull to Jasper. And it's the knowing that it will never be that haunts her. Don't get the wrong idea - this isn't a story about Bella being unfaithful entirely. There is no sex. But this is about emotional infidelity, I suppose. She knows who she wants, she just can never have him.

And I think we've probably all been there in one way or another. I mean, look, many of us in this fandom have 'mates' in some capacity, but we still drool over [insert fictional vampire here]. And for many others, this actually translates to real life, too, where we meet someone and we just feel that pull to be with them. And you're left wondering if what you have is real and will make you happy enough. It's about that crush...but it's deeper than just a crush. It's kind of life-altering and you wish it had never happened in the first place precisely because it drives you crazy with wonder.

Well, Bella decides to take matters into her own hands. She decides to have a harmless taste. Something to sleep to. Because it's the most she can ever have with him.



Edward Cullen gives swim lessons. Bella Swan is afraid of the water. She wants to learn. Can this highly talented, too good looking for his own good swim instructor teach her more than she bargained for? Bella/Edward. Rating: M

Photobucket


Swimming with Swan was part of the Men at Work Contest on FFn. It won 2nd place, as you can see at the So You Think You Can Write blog (the hosts) for the Men at Work Contest Winners.

Okay, so at first I wasn’t sure about this one shot. I mean, it started out a lil odd, like the ‘crawling’ thing - you’ll understand when you read it. But once I got a feel for the tone, I really enjoyed it.

Edward’s inner monologue and one-sided conversations with his dick had me giggling. He actually gives his dick the finger. I was cracking up. Here’s a sample:

Please just get me through this fucking lesson so I can go home and whack off.

I also love that as soon as Edward meets Bella, Murphy’s (or Sod’s) Law goes into overdrive for him. He’s clumsy and unfocused. Or rather, he’s very focused, just more on Bella’s nipples than on teaching her to swim.

Of course, it is rated M, and that is for the semi-lemon near the end. But after comes an interesting twist that makes you want to laugh and go, 'Huh?' at the same time. The ending also leaves off in such a way that makes me think the author may continue it when the contest is over.

All in all, it was a good, cute, funny read. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. LMFAO right now...

    Thanks for the rec, maelyn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you K *winks* I am proud of my first attempt at writing fic :D

    Peter/GOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I wanted to add all the funny Edward bits, but then I'd end up just copying the whole thing, so I just picked one. But it had me rolling. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!!!! *so happy*

    ReplyDelete