Friday, May 7, 2010

Quote of the Week for 05/07/2010

quote-week.jpg


Feelings… nothing more than… feelings!

It’s amazing the emotions that one can feel when hearing or reading a one-liner or even a phrase. For example, one day my husband was in a bad mood and bitching like a girl. My mother-in-law asked what the hell his problem was. My smart-ass self immediately responded with, “He’s just pissed 'cause a house fell on his sister.” Not only did I shock them both with this one-liner, but it made them crack up laughing. And voila... bad mood forgotten.

My original idea about just one-liners came to me months ago when I was with a different blog. I wanted to put on the blog a section with great lines from all the wonderful stories that we read on FanFiction. I thought we could list our favorites and see if people could guess which fics they were from.

For whatever reason, the idea never took shape and I completely forgot all about it. That is, until I came across Dream in Darkness by Shellebean. This is Shellebean's first story and it captured me from the start. It takes place in Eclipse, set during the battle with Victoria. Bella is watching Edward fight Victoria and she thinks:


“A flicker of red was dancing with a shock of bronze. It was a battle as old as time, a battle of love. One side was fighting for a love lost to death and the other for love finally found.”


When I read these three sentences, all I could think about was how incredible this was and I was just in awe of it. Truly, it explained the whole reason for the fight to me.

Reading this kick-started my desire to find out which phrases, sentences, or whatever made people feel a strong emotion. I’ll start by letting you know some of mine.

One of my all time favorite lines is from our very own MamaLamb, IdreamofEddy, from her one shot Save A Horse.

When they are about to get it on, Jasper says to Bella:


“Well, giddy the fuck up, honey.”


I squealed when I read this line. I thought, 'Fuck yeah!' I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said this line myself and heard others use it. In fact, this line is even nominated at The Faithful Shipper Awards for Best Line You Quote in RL - so go vote! This line just seems to set you on fire. Not only does Kay give us a great one-liner, she also gives us a great little speech to Bella from Jasper after she stumbles and her confidence is shattered. Instead of laughing at her, Jasper says:


“Then do it. Make me feel better and take my mind off of things. Don’t stand there looking down at the floor feeling sorry for yourself because you tripped. You’re clumsy, you always have been. What the fuck is new? Finish what you started, Bella. Please, woman, finish what you started.”


And with this, it changes how Bella feels - it makes her determined to suck it up and please her man. She knows all the love that he has for her and that he doesn’t care if she is clumsy. Great job, Kay! If you were trying to set us on fire, you fucking did. Go check out the story that this is a companion of - Colliding Meteors. Now that story has WAAAAYYYY too many fantastic quotes and one-liners to list here. You’ll have to read it to see what I’m talking about.

So, those were words to jump start our passion. But what about those words or sentences that take our breath away? From one of my other favorites, When Darkness Turns to Light by JannaBanana, in Chapter 25 Jasper finally decides to tell Bella how he feels about her and he wants to know how she feels about him in return. He walks right up to her, puts a hand on her neck, and whispers:


"Those were some pretty strong emotions you were throwing around out there, Bella. Tell me, the longing you were feeling, was it because you wanted to go further with him? Did his hands make you ache with desire? Was his touch as you thought it would be?" I leaned in even closer and inhaled her sweet, sweet scent as my nose ran along the side of her neck. “Did you like pressing your body against his?” I knew that if Bella were standing, she would be light headed as she was now holding her breath. I continued my questioning, determined to end this game we seemed to be playing. I wanted to be the only one for her and if she felt it, I needed to hear her say it as well. “Can you picture yourself lying with him, giving everything of yourself to him?” I brushed my lips against her earlobe; I had my senses so wide open that my hearing could pick up the sound of the goose bumps rising on her skin. It was taking every ounce of control that I had to continue slowly as I sensed the blood rushing to other parts of Bella’s body. Parts that I was aching to touch and caress.


Then, finally, a spark of hope appeared when she quietly answered me with “No.”

I pulled back, lightly tracing my fingers along the sides of her cheeks, placed both hands on the side of her face, and dared myself to ask. “Tell me, Bella, who do you really want?” Praying that I would hear the answer I so desperately wanted.

Her pause felt like hours, it was as if I could hear the ticking of a clock as I waited for her to answer. “You, I want you.” she whispered.


I don’t know about y’all but I felt like I was holding my breath when he first started speaking and then I felt like I was going to hyperventilate before she even answered him. I felt this pressure in my chest and couldn’t help but scream out loud when Bella tells Jasper that she wants him too. You couldn’t help but feel excited and so happy that they want to be together.

Lastly, I give you the emotion of giddy excitement of what’s to come. This particular piece comes from a one shot called One Drop by my very own ficwife, aerialla1. Jasper has found one drop of Bella’s blood that wasn’t cleaned up from the floor. He can’t seem to help himself and decides to taste it:


If I was going to hell, I was going to go out with a bang. With human slowness, I brought that one drop to my tongue.


My whole body exploded. It was like nothing I had ever tasted before. It was heaven and I was flying in its song crashing into me with tsunami force. For an instance, however brief, my heart beat and I was warm with life. Even if I lived the rest of my existence in the pits of hell, I would have this one moment of heaven.

This was what Edward was giving up and he was a fool. The predator in me gleamed and began making plans to one day have just one more drop of the most precious flavor that was possible to taste by human or vampire.


I read this and was like, “Oh, FUCK yeah!” I couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next and it made me giddy with excitement. The main story to this one shot just so happens to be my all time favorite story - Second Chances - which is filled with other great phrases and quotes, so I hope you will check it out. Plus, you’re gonna wanna see what Jasper does to Bella.

I hope you guys enjoyed some of these quotes, one-liners, and phrases as much as I do. I would really love to hear from you guys and find out what you like, why you like it, and what kind of emotions they take you through. Feel free to email me at jaspersbella@gmail.com or the blog's email at alteredandsacrificial@gmail.com and give me your ideas and/or suggestions of what you have read or even written. We are starting this section as “Quote of the Week” and we will have a blog post every Friday. Whatever you send me I’ll be happy to feature, along with some of mine and the other Lambs'. And as always, if “You wrote it, we grope it.”

Take care, happy reading and/or writing, and remember - it’s all about feelings… nothing more than... feelings!

*gift from Lucy ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the music video, Lucy Lu! That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all like it. It was my first real post and I hope it won't be my last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - Great post, Wendy! And I love Scrubs - fantastic find, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete