Thursday, July 1, 2010

An evening of Eclipse with Merina Green and Kassiah!


Alright, I guess I won't include any movie spoilers. I suppose...

I 'met' Kassiah when Tina introduced us online after our TwificNews online radio segment. This is the second time Super Beta, who lives in another country, has set me up with another Twilighter who lives in my own city. Yeah, I don't get out much. Super Beta knows everybody. AND she's a full service Beta - she edits, spell checks, and finds me friends. So once again I was off on an adventure with someone I had never met before. Kids, don't do this at home.

Kassiah picked me up at 6 - about 10 minutes after I got home from work. Her first words to me were, "I feel bad for saying this, but how do I know you? DO I know you?" and I said, "No, we don't really know each other". God, I love fanfic. Turns out she's an Edward/Bella, and I'm a Jasper/Bella, and we run in totally different circles. I actually read a lot of Edward/Bella, though (Kassiah REFUSES *gasp* to read J/B!), so we did have a lot of fics to discuss. We got to the theatre at 6:30 and went right in because I'd picked up the tickets last weekend. Both being parents of teenagers, we also spent a lot of time griping about the education system in Louisiana, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Sadly, we DID NOT eat supper anywhere. Kassiah packed snacks (bless her), and we bought bottomless sodas. But by the end of Twilight, we were wishing we had some real food - which the theatre did not sell. By the end of New Moon, we were fantasizing about real food. But we made do with her homemade brownies (Yum), chips, candy, cheese crackers...but still, Chinese would have been nice. Next year, for Breaking Dawn, we're smuggling in Chinese.

The 2 screens showing the double-feature were sold out. And all 16 screens were sold out for the midnight showing of Eclipse. In fact, every screen in the city was sold out for Eclipse, and the ones showing the double-feature beforehand were sold out. Which is fantastic, it really is. The theatre was almost full by the time we got there, but we got two seats on the side with NO neighbors - wall on one side, aisle on the other. And it still had a great view of the screen. Kassiah and I took two seats, and my daughter and her friend took the two behind us. It was great. We settled in for 8 hours of Twilight.

One MAJOR difference I noticed in the crowd this time, compared to when New Moon came out, was the men. And boys. There were an amazing number of "Y" chromosomes in the building. And they looked willing to be there. And they seemed to be having a good time!

We had a great time, and I REALLY like Eclipse. Really, really. Since we're not putting spoilers in here, I guess I won't go into details (*cough* Major Whitlock *cough* Edward wanting to kill Jacob *cough*). Kassiah said she liked it, too. We'll definitely try to do it again when BD comes out, but we are going to eat first. Or smuggle in Chinese.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for chillin' with me. And yes to the Chinese.

    ReplyDelete