Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Selections for 09-19-10

POSTSS



MerinaGreen recommends 

"I'd never been one of those women who found foreign accents sexy until I met Edward. Now, even plaid made me horny." Bella is in love with her best friend, Scottish expat Edward, and she'll do anything for him. Anything. AH. E/B.

O, Ryeward, how I love thee. Edward in a kilt. Need I say more? Well, I probably should. But really, just let that image bounce around in your brain for a bit. Is it just me, or is there something about a man in a kilt? Well, not just any man...

Not this:



But maybe this:

Or this:















 And remember:



Anyway...

Coming Through the Rye by Mac214 is an AH/EB fic that I found a couple months ago and instantly fell in love with. It's a romantic comedy, and every time I saw an update in my inbox, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Well, you won't get that feeling because Mac just completed it (congratulations!), but that just means you'll get to enjoy the story all at once!

In Mac214's world, Edward is a Scotsman in America who finds himself suddenly facing deportation out of the country due to the recent loss of his job. Bella is his co-worker and “best bud” of two years, and she's been nursing more than a crush for him for most of that time. When mutual friends suggest that they get married to prevent Edward from getting tossed out on his ear, it sounds like a good idea to Bella. Of course it does! Who wouldn't want to marry Edward-in-a-kilt in the hopes of getting to know his boaby better? (Want that interpreted? Read the story!) Mac214's story is well written, and Edward's dialogue is done in a Scotch accent that you can almost hear when you read it. I swear, it almost makes me swoon just seeing it in writing. And his INTERNAL dialogue? Well, I'll warn you, Ryeward is all man. He wouldn't hurt a fly and he's a nice guy, but....he farts. And he likes tits. A lot. And, well, he's just your every day kind of guy. A REAL guy. He's not the “magical, do-no-wrong, super-man Edward” we see in so many fics. He's the kind of guy you fall in love with and take home to keep, even if he does insist on leaving his sweaty, smelly rugby gear hidden in a corner where it starts to grow things. Because lets face it, he has an accent. And he wears a kilt. And you can forgive a lot if those two things are included in the package.


Read Mac214's Coming Through the Rye and see how THESE best laid plans work out for Ryeward and Bella. Trust me. You won't be disappointed. In fact, you'll be wanting to join Clan Cock just like the rest of her readers.


1 comment:

  1. I will have to check this out. I absolutely adored her Things That Go Bump in the Night. Fucking hysterical and such great characters. This is definitely going on my list!

    ReplyDelete