Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Selections for November 22, 2009




catonspeed recommends Royale by EmmaleeWrites05

Bella works her butt off for a gentlemans bar - Royale - to provide for her family but she learns some unfortunate details about her husband & turns to the one true friend she has. Rated M for future lemony goodness

Edward... What. A. Douche. But hurrah for Jasper because hi ho silver to the rescue! He's a cowboy with a heart of gold. And an ass that looks good in jeans... le-fucking-sigh!

We start off hearing about B/E's rocky marriage, and I already want to slap that motherfucker upside the head, but then we get introduced to Jasper, and he becomes her friend, and she realises there are better things out there, like Jasper...

The pace is good, the build up is great, the balance of story/action/progression is perfect, and Jasper is the man you all wish you had. J'adore! Can't wait to read more from this author.


IdreamofEddy recommends The Long Road Home by Scorpio21

When you take away everything you know and everything you thought you were, what exactly do you have left? This is the story of how they came into their own eternity. Jasper/OC Rated M

If someone asked me to recommend a great Jasper story that is completely original and well written, this story would be it. The Long Road Home is in no way your typical Jasper/Bella love story. Why? Because this isn't Jasper/Bella. This is Keira/Jasper. I realize OC stories tend to get overlooked, but if you're looking for something that is very original and I might say, a story that contains a Jasper that just makes you melt into putty, then look no further. This story begins in Twilight, and though I can't really say Edward and Bella's relationship is in the background because certain events affect Keira and Jasper, it is. We all know what went down, this story just perfectly weaves around all of it.

The events that occured between Bella and Edward for Twilight and part of New Moon greatly influence the dynamics and the story line centered around Jasper and Keira. Cass is writing a very vivid and descriptive tale, the dialogue between her characters is strong, and I think she created a character that we could all appreciate that's just so BELIEVABLE. Keira is a down to earth, strong, and feisty woman who, in this story, is a perfect match for Jasper. And Jasper? Well, he's just..guh. Cass's characterization of Jasper is just DEAD on, for me anyway. I have to share this line with you, because it's one of my favorites.

I finally managed to look into his almost pitch black eyes that were staring down at me with a fierceness I had never seen directed at me before. It surprised me, and he stilled his body’s motion as he waited a second, then he continued in low, hard tone. “But if you ever pull that ‘maybe I should leave you’ shit on me again, or think for one second that I’m not with you because it’s what I want with everything that I am, then I won’t be so tolerant next time. You won’t get a good tease and a fuck against a tree, you’ll be dealing with your very pissed off mate. Your mine, Keira. Bottom line, end of story, period, amen. I don’t like it when you question where my heart is when you know it belongs to you, and I’m not going to walk this earth without you by my side. Where ever you are is where I’ll be from now on. Understood?”

So click here, go read it. You won't be disappointed! Yeah, I'm rec'ing a Lamb's story, and I'll probably do it again in the future. But, I stand firm on my belief to rec what I consider well written and original stories, and Cass's falls into that criteria. Great Job, Cass.


Mae recommends Midnight Margaritas by Writerwithabite

Late nights, break ups and margaritas lead to interesting things. Is it a start of a new romance or a just a complication? "Love is friendship set on fire". Rated M. Bella/Jasper. Complete

Okay, first reason to love this story - it starts off with a delicious lemon! As anyone who knows me can tell ya, I love my smut. And this is some good stuff.

Now, I'm amazed that Bella stayed with Edward for like two years without getting any. Seriously?! A girl has needs! How did she last so long? It's no wonder she finally dumps him and jumps Jasper at the first opportunity.

Then they jump quickly into a 'relationship'. I mean, on one hand, you think of all the 'rebound' issues this could have. But then you think on the fact that they have a very solid foundation of friendship and they've lived together for years. This makes it easier to accept. Plus, while they don't have the hardest time transitioning from friends to a couple, they do have some ups and downs - including telling Edward and the repercussions that entails.

Regardless, it's one of my favorites because it doesn't have a lot of angst. It's also sexy, funny, sweet and spicy all in one. What's not to love?


missmaj recommends A Murmur of Fire in the Vein by ElleCC

One stormy Seattle night, the last person Bella expects to see appears without warning at her door. How will history – hers and his – impact their unexpected and growing friendship? AH, Bella/Jasper.

A breakup between Bella and her ex-boyfriend causes a rift between her and her friends. Then one stormy night, Jasper, one of her estranged friends, shows up on her front door. Slowly they start to build a new kind of solidarity, starting out with Tex-mex Tuesdays and baseball game.

But amidst the new friendship come new problems. Old acquaintances show up, none too pleased with their new found closeness. And to make matters worse, Jasper's horrid past seems to hunt and taunt him. Together, they try to face the difficult obstacles that come their way.

It's a story where love does really conquer all. The plot is realistic in nature, which I really loved. The desperation felt by Jasper and Bella is written beautifully and sometimes I just want to keep Bella and Jasper in my pocket where they'll be protected forever. She also writes an awesome Emmett in this story, brotherly and affectionate. I was really sad when it ended. It was one of the stories I always looked forward to in my inbox.

ElleCC writes beautiful stories, mostly focused on character's feelings and emotions. She's one of my favourite and respected authors and I look forward to more of her amazing stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment