Thursday, April 29, 2010

Word of the Week - Admonish


Today's word of the week was inspired by Tina and Lucy.

From Dictionary.com:

ad·mon·ish
/ædˈmɒnɪʃ/ Show Spelled[ad-mon-ish]
–verb (used with object)
1.
to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
2.
to reprove or scold, esp. in a mild and good-willed manner: The teacher admonished him about excessive noise.
3.
to urge to a duty; remind: to admonish them about their obligations.

Example: I admonished Tina and Lucy about googling 'tubgirl'. They did not listen to me and are now traumatized for life.

Photobucket
Tina and Lucy BEFORE googling 'tubgirl'.

Photobucket
Tina and Lucy AFTER googling 'tubgirl'.

Photobucket
What you should do when admonished about googling 'tubgirl'.

4 comments:

  1. I should have known better. My eyes are currently on a therapy retreat in Switzerland - the bill will be in the post once treatment is complete.

    *shudders*

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, on the other hand, listened to the admonishment, and did not google "tubgirl". I do NOT need eye therapy, and was able to sleep last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all learned your lesson, so admonishing you about googling lemon party isn't necessary, right?

    Did I do that right?

    ReplyDelete