Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tina's Story, Parts III, IV, V, and Epilogue


Yay! MiniMaj has finished my story! If you didn't get a chance to read Parts I and II, click HERE. MiniMaj is quite the little woman... Watch out fandom, she's coming to get you in, oh, say 6 years...? I want to fold her up and put her in my pocket, but Aunt Maelyn says she has size 10 1/2 feet...so, for a twelve year old, she's probably too Amazon-like, oui? By the way, here is little Miss MiniMaj on a cruise vacation just recently, and she's belting her little heart out to Bon Jovi with her girlfriend (she's the one on the right, in the black dress). Her aunts are trying to embarrass her on YouTube, so they want people to comment on the site so they can hit at least 100 views <-- Do it!





The continuation of my story, aka
February (and March...and April...yeah, I'm lazy - deal) is...Tina's Month!...s!

-- PART THREE --


"So, the Periwinkles are actually shape shifters?" I asked Allyx/Maj. I'd just gotten home from winning the lottery, and Maj had arrived minutes after I had. I'd explained to her why I had a Flying Unicorn in my apartment, and why there was blood in my bedroom. Then, Allyx had taken over and told me about the Periwinkles.


"Yes, but they prefer to take the form of their victim's worst fears - they feed off of fear," Allyx gave me an odd look. "Obviously, you're terrified of clowns. I'm not too fond of rose bushes, myself." She cringed.


"You're deepest, darkest, worst fear is of rose bushes?" I asked, truly surprised. "I'd figure that you'd be more of a scared-of-the-dark kind of gal."


"Hello?" she said, raising her eyebrows and waving her hands around. "I may be in control of Maj's body, here, but I'm a Sparkle. Which means that I'm my own night light. Or lamp. Or star, if I choose to be."


"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that whole small, glowing orb thing. Anyway, how do I defeat the Periwinkles?"


"Well," Allyx said, settling back into her serious expression. "You need to destroy their leader. And to do that, you need . . ."


"Oh, no. Not again." I put my head in my hands. I heard the hissing sound again, but didn't bother to look up.


"The Scrunchy of Wonder. It will help you think clearly when all hope is lost, and will guide you -"


"You're kidding, right? This is a sick practical joke, right?" I stood up, just a bit angry. "Alright, you can bring out the TV crew and Ashton Kutcher now. Seriously, I'm done."


I stormed off in the general direction of my bedroom, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow that I happened to land on. I dreamed of lollipops, frying pans, and scrunchies. I don't know where the lollipops came from, but it was a dream. When I woke up, I could hear Maj, Allyx and Ed talking.


"She doesn't want to do it - find someone else," Maj was saying. I stayed in bed and listened to the argument.


"She is our Queen, and we need her to end this," Allyx hissed. "This is something that she alone can do - no other possesses the power that she has."


"What power?" Maj asked. "The power to use The Frying Pan of Destiny? Or the Scrunchy of Wonder? I thought that you said the Sparkles' greatest warriors could use them."


"Christina's power is yet to be revealed. Even she doesn't know of it," Allyx said. "When the time is right, it will make itself known."


"Oh, well isn't that nice," Maj said, and I could hear the frustration in her voice. "She's defenseless - other than her frying pan and scrunchy - until 'the time is right' for her power to show up for the party."


"The power is growing inside of her," Ed said. "I could feel it when I was flying with her. She has a great gift that will soon become apparent."


I slowly walked into my living room, and the argument stopped as soon as I was in their line of sight. I stood in front of my friends, and took a shaky breath. My hands were shaking at my sides, so I closed them into fists. I closed my eyes.


"I'll do it. I'll kill the Periwinkle's leader." And that was that.



-- SOMEWHERE IN PENNSYLVANIA --

Mae was watching a Syfy movie, and laughing at the stupid people on the TV. She was also talking to her niece, Amanda, via gchat. Right when the evil giant robot chicken exploded, there was a scratching noise at her door. Thinking that it was her sister's cat, Piwacket, she got up and opened the door for her. But what waited on the other side of the door was definitely not a kitty.




There was a spider, twice as big as Mae, waiting for her on the other side of the door. Mae let out a squeak and backed up as the spider approached her slowly. The spider knocked over her computer and TV, but she didn't really notice at the time. When she'd backed into her bed, she turned around and ran into her bathroom, shut the door, and hid in her tub, waiting for it to go away. The spider kept scratching at the door, and it eventually broke the door down completely. Mae sat, whimpering, in her tub as the spider turned sideways and squeezed through the doorway.


As the spider got closer, Mae whimpered louder. When it finally was standing above her, she let out an ear-piercing scream. Too bad her sister was at work today.



-- BACK IN TORONTO --

I was checking my e-mail - maybe for the last time, which is really depressing - when Amanda sent me an IM.


"Tina? Are the Sparkles back?"


I wasn't exactly sure what she meant, so I waited for her to explain.


'With spiders?'


With spiders? What? I replied to her, '?'.


"Aunt Mae was found dead in her bathroom, covered in spiderwebs." I think my heart actually missed a beat. Tears built up behind my eyes, and my hands started shaking.


'Was it the Sparkles?' I couldn't breathe right, much less respond.


"No," Ed said from behind me. "It was the Periwinkles. This 'Mae' person must have been afraid of spiders. Now do you understand? This is why you must fight them."


That snapped me out of the haze. The Periwinkles killed Amanda's aunt - my friend. They were going to pay. Oh, yeah. 'No, it's not the Sparkles, it's something else. Don't worry - I've got this under control.'


I didn't even bother waiting for her to respond, I just closed my laptop. I stood up and looked at Ed, who was raising his eyebrow at me. I grabbed my magic blanket, The Frying Pan of Destiny, and The Scrunchy of Wonder, and went in search of Maj and Allyx. She was in my bedroom, inspecting the blood that was still on my carpet. I cleared my throat, and Allyx/Maj rose slowly.


"Where can I find this son of a bitch?" I said. Allyx/Maj smiled at me and nodded in approval.


"He has to be summoned," she said, once again reaching behind her back. I braced myself for The Duster of Doom, or The Oven Mitt of Power. Maybe even The Shower Curtain of Über-Coolness. Instead, she pulled out a spear. "Using his spear from three thousand years ago, Okk-okk. This spear had great power once, but it has faded over the years. He is not aware of the fact that now it's just a branch with a rock tied onto the top of it. You must go somewhere where nobody will see you, and say this; 'I, Christina, Queen of the Sparkles, call upon the one that once possessed Okk-okk!'"


Out of nowhere, wind started howling in my bedroom, and to my left, a bright red light started to appear. Allyx looked at the light and her eyes got wide. She tossed the spear to me and I caught it. My hair was flying everywhere and I had to squint so that my hair didn't whip me in the eye. Still clutching the spear, I watched in amazement and horror as the red light turned into a...a...


It turned into another freaking chihuahua. A teacup chihuahua, no less. Pfft. I rolled my eyes at him, then looked over to Allyx.


"Oops," was all that she said. It was all that she could say, actually, because at that exact moment, the small brown creature attacked her.


-- PART FOUR --


Crap.

-- PART FIVE --

--SOMEWHERE IN DELAWARE--


Amanda sat on the couch in her living room, still wearing her black dress from the funeral that day. She sat, staring at the light bulb in the lamp. She sat, thinking about her aunt who had died only four days before. She sat, thinking about the giant spiders that could be going for anyone at that very moment. She sat -


"Amanda..." Amanda's head whipped around at the sound of her aunt's voice. She knew that her house was haunted. "Amanda..." Her voice was coming from the basement. Perfect. The basement never ceased to creep Amanda out anytime that she went down there. Slowly and quietly, Amanda rose from the couch and cautiously walked to the basement door. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. Down the stairs there was a flash of white in the form of her Aunt Mae, heading towards the workshop.


Amanda slowly descended down the dark basement stairs, thinking that if she turned on the lights, her aunt would disappear. Her black heels clicked against the aging wood, making it all that creepier. She closed the door behind her, and headed towards the workshop. When she rounded the corner separating the workshop from the rest of the basement, she stumbled backwards and started breathing in short, quick breaths.


Standing in the middle of the workshop was her Aunt Mae, completely white and glowing. She had a smile on her face, and she shone a little brighter. She beckoned for Amanda to come closer, and Amanda slowly walked towards her. Mae's smile got wider, and she shone that much brighter.


"Amanda," she said, and her voice sounded...strange. Like there were two Maes, both talking at once. "I've been brought back from the dead to assist you, Tina, and the Sparkles in this war against the Periwinkles."


It took a full minute for this to register in Amanda's brain. "What?" she said, her voice only a little above a whisper.


"Sorry," Mae said, sounding much more like herself. "They told me to say that. Anyway, this big, glowing...thing approached me after I died, saying, 'You must return to the land of the living and tell Amanda this message before saving the world.' Well, something like that. Anyway, the Sparkles have gotten on the bad side of these bad-ass things that take the form of your greatest fear. That's what killed me - it took the form of a giant spider. Now that I think back on it, it was really Syfy movie material. So, anyway - death isn't all that it's made up to be. I spent four days - four days!! - just floating around in some dark hole. Nothing else, just floating around, no specific direction in mind -"


"The point?" Amanda interrupted.


"Right. So, here I am, floating around in this empty darkness, and all of a sudden - out of nowhere - out of thin air - like some cheap CGI trick, this really, really bright - and I'm talking really bright light appears in front of me. It tells me that I need to save the world from the evil Periwinkles, and also help the Sparkles. You know, that might have been a Sparkle..."


"Oh, my God! We need to go and save the world!" Amanda said, running towards the stairs. Mae popped in front of her, making Amanda stumble into - and through - Mae.


"Sorry," Mae said, stepping back as Amanda stood back up and dusted herself off. "Still getting used to this whole 'dead' thing. Anyway, you have to fly to Toronto as soon as possible. I'll go ahead and help Tina. I think she needs it right about now."


And with that, Mae disappeared, and Amanda went back upstairs to book a flight to Toronto.


--BACK IN TORONTO--

As soon as the chihuahua started flying towards Allyx, it grew fangs bigger than its head and started wailing its head off. It was an ear-piercing, high-pitched noise that I never want to hear ever again in my life. Scary to think that the evil little chihuahua with fangs could actually kill you in your sleep. Huh. The sound of a dog whimpering snapped me out of the haze that I was in.


The saber-toothed chihuahua was on its back, whimpering, as Allyx/Maj stood over it, horns, wings, sword and all. She moved the sword closer to the chihuahua's throat and it closed its eyes. Why, why did everyone else get to have all of the awesome powers? Feeling left out, I held up the Frying Pan of Destiny, aimed it at the chihuahua, and took back some awesomeness.


"I, Christina, Queen - Majesty, Master of the Sparkles, command you..." I looked at Maj/Allyx for help.


"Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry," she whispered. I had absolutely no idea what she'd just said to me, but I was about eighty percent sure that she didn't cuss me out in whatever language that the Sparkles speak.


"Right," I said. "Mo-whatever, I hereby command you to die! And you can take all of your clown friends with you, too!"


I waited for the frying pan to start glowing again, but it didn't. Disappointed, I closed my eyes and willed it to kill them. I opened one eye, only to see Maj/Allyx trying not to laugh at me.


"Don't make me take out the Scrunchy of Wonder!" I started to take it off of my wrist, but the dog started whimpering again. I raised my eyebrow at him.


"Wait, don't do that!" he said, and I almost laughed. He even had a Spanish accent! "How about I promise never to give you - the humans, that is - or the Sparkles any more trouble ever again? Please don't make the Warrior Goddess kill me!"


"Warrior Goddess?" I turned to Allyx, who narrowed her eyes at the dog. She glanced at me out of the corner of her eye, and her eyes had turned bright yellow. It was scary.


"I haven't been called by that name for a long time, Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry. My people have lost faith in the old ways - they no longer believe in me." Now that I was watching, Allyx had actually started to turn yellow, too. Like Maj's 'true form' was darkness, Allyx's was light. Her horns had a faint yellow glow to them, and her wings were beginning to sparkle golden.


"Careful, Allyxandri'ah," the small Mexican chihuahua said. "Don't want to let your true self come out to play, now do you?"


"Oh, is that right?" Allyx said, and pulled the sword back. Without ever taking her eyes off of Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry, she shouted something that sounded like a series of hisses. There was a blinding light, and I turned away from it, shielding my face from the light.


"No, you wouldn't, Allyx. It would draw too much attention," boomed a voice that seemed to be coming from everywhere at once. It sounded oddly familiar... The light faded, and I turned to see Mae standing in my bedroom, glowing. She didn't have any color - she was completely and unnaturally white. Allyx backed up a few steps until she ran into my bed and sat on it. Mae smiled at her, and then turned to Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry. "Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry, leader of the Periwinkles, I have been sent from beyond the grave to rid the world of you and your kind. I'm nicer than most, though..." She glared at me, and then Allyx, before looking back at Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry. "Well, at least most of the time. Anyway, instead of killing you, I will just force you and all of your Periwinkles to live as humans on this Earth."


Mae reached out her hand and lightning literally shot from her fingertips and hit the chihuahua. Slowly, before my eyes, Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry turned into a small Mexican man. He had clothes on, which may have been a good thing, because he was just a bit on the heavy side. Just a lot.



He screamed, stood, and ran out of my apartment. I started laughing hysterically - something that I'd been wanting to do ever since I'd gotten the Frying Pan of Destiny. This was all just a bit too funny.

As I was laughing, I noticed that my eyes were getting heavy. I stumbled my way over to my bed and fell asleep as I was falling onto the soft mattress.


-- EPILOGUE --

I woke up on a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning, and stretched in bed. I smiled as I thought about the strange, strange dream that I'd just had. Something about clowns and frying pans. Weird, I know, but it was a dream, what do you expect? I climbed out of bed from under the covers and walked into the bathroom. On the way to the bathroom, I stepped on something crusty on my carpet.


I looked down and saw blood, which was odd. Dismissing it, I continued walking to the bathroom. I stopped again on the way, noticing a frying pan sitting next to my dresser. I dismissed that, too, telling myself that I'd forgotten to put it away when I was...frying eggs in my bedroom. Well, I didn't know what I'd left it out from, but I ignored it anyway. When I reached the door to the bathroom, I decided that I wanted coffee before anything else. Walking out to the kitchen, I noticed that there was a gigantic, winged unicorn and a glowing person in my living room. I must have bought some new art and forgotten about it.


As I poured my coffee, I realized that it wasn't a dream. There was actually a Flying Unicorn in my living room named Ed, and Mae's ghost was also there. The Frying Pan of Destiny was next to my dresser, and the blood was from a Periwinkle that'd taken the form of a clown that I'd killed. Holy crap, this called for a drink. Or ten.

-- WHERE THEY ARE TODAY --

Molokaiaihaihawhipaloopahlissry is finding human life a bit...awkward. He goes to a therapist now, and she finds it a bit weird that he thiks that he was previously a chihuahua, and a leader of the Periwinkles. His therapist is considering sending him to the nice doctors in the white coats.

Ed now spends his free time standing very still outside of town halls, pretending to be a statue.



He enjoys the amazement of the town folk as they stare at the new 'art' in their beloved town. Then they're shocked when it's not there the next day. Occasionally, he flies out to LA to walk in the background of movies and TV shows. It kind of freaks some people out.

Allyx is considering going back to her people, but, honestly, she'd miss the humans. She misses how she used to be a Goddess, worshipped by the lesser Sparkles. But, that was a long time ago, and times have changed...

Tina has framed the Frying Pan of Destiny and the Scrunchy of Wonder. She's moved from her small apartment to a six-story mansion with twenty-four bedrooms. She also houses orphans with mental issues.




Sounds exciting, right? Yeah.

As for Mae... She's still around. Well, she's still dead, but her ghost is still around. She's still getting used to the whole, "I got eaten by a giant spider in my bathtub and now I'm back as a big, glowing ghost thingy. Oh, and I can't go into public becuse people run away like scared two-year-olds." Yay for her.


.......By the way, May is Mae's Month!!! This should be interesting...... Muahahahahah......

0 comments:

Post a Comment